01 mars 2017
Rent increase from 1 April
Bostaden and the Tenants’ Association have agreed on new rents for apartments and student corridors. The agreement means that rents will be increased by an average of 0.8 percent from 1 April 2017.
The monthly charges for parking spaces, engine heaters, car ports, storage rooms and garaging will not be going up. The increase is on the same level as the average for the country's public housing sector. The new rents will remain valid until 31 March 2018.
For a normal-sized apartment with 2 rooms plus kitchen, the increase will average out at SEK 43 per month. Rents are set in Bostaden’s Poängen system, where several different factors are taken into account, which means that the increase may vary between 0 and 2 percent.
Why we are raising rents
Among other things to be better able to maintain our residential areas - in both the short and the long term.
Areas where rents will not increase
Rents will not increase in buildings constructed over the last years and in certain areas that have been renovated:
- Skolgatan 2, Hedlunda
- Storgatan 118–120, Öbacka
- Västra Norrlandsgatan 36 A–B, Centrala stan
- Storgatan 122–124, Ankargränd 3–11, Öbacka
- Hoppets Gränd 24–30, Öbacka
- Tranbärsvägen 2–4, Böleäng
- Tranbärsvägen 8–12, Böleäng
- Tuvgränd 7, Idrottsallén 10, Haga
- Petrus Laestadius väg 11 and 13, Lilljansberget
- Centralgatan 9, Holmsund (the additional floor)
Questions and answers
Here you can read questions and answers about the rent increase.